Monday, June 30, 2008

anti-seizure medications to counteract Gardasil induced seizures

As a result of the gardasil adverse reactions, my daughter has to take anti-seizure medicine three times a day for the rest of her life according to the doctors. I hated to hear this. Sometimes medications have worse side effects. It has been six months now since her first seizure and she is still having seizures. A neurologist recently told us the medication she is on will cause her cerebellum to shrink as well as osteoperosis (not to mention lowering of her IQ, gum disease / dental and other problems). She currently takes dilantin because it comes in generic. The doctors are recommending another medication that costs $330/ month (insurance won't pay and there is no generic). I am broke from paying all the other bills. MRIs, EEGs, and neurologists are not cheap. Health insurance is not very helpful. Dilantin is only $27 / month. I am selling my car and looking for another job to try to afford the medication my daughter needs. If anyone knows of a fund to help with this, please let me know. Everytime my emotions start to bring me to tears over all of this, I become angry again over this whole ordeal. I am seeking any help I can get for my daughter. I am willing to look at holistic and alternative healing methods. If anyone has any ideas, please post a comment. Thank you!

3 comments:

Red said...

And they tell us modern medicine is the way to go...I think not.

So much for modern technology.

jenzen said...

I got this off of another site, but am looking into it. It makes sense, but it is scary because there are so many unknowns.
"I am looking into all allergies so metal allergies are a possibility. Some parents are having their daughters go through detox or chleation. They are having good results but the process is slow. That is the only thing that seems to be working presently."
I spoke with my chiropractor who also does other holistic healing methods and he says we can do it while still on the antiseizure meds.

Anonymous said...

I have an 11 year old daughter that has side effects from the Gardasil vaccine. Since she got the 1st dose in July 2007 she has suffered:


*Flu like symptoms
*joint pain
*low grade fever for months
*fatigue
*abdominal pain
*protein in her urine
*migraine headaches
*thyroid problems
*weight gain
*no period in over a year
*rash on her face, neck and chest so bad that her eyes were swelled shut
*a seizure

She was a healthy and happy child before getting the shots. After getting them she was too tired to do anything. She spent 75% of her time in bed. She missed over 30 days of school this year. I believe the only reason they didnt fail her was that she was on the honor roll.


Shes had all kinds of blood work, plus a EKG, EEG, MRI and a ultrasound on her kidneys and thyroid. She has been seen by 2 Pediatricians, a Nephrologist, Endocrinologist and an Neurologist.


Every test has come back normal. The doctors dont know what is the matter with her.



She is improving but its took a year to get to this point. Shes still experiencing some fatigue, thyroid problems, and still no periods for a year.

There are lots of others that are experiencing the same side effects. I started a group on Yahoo so that others could share their experiences. You are more than welcome to join.


http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lets_Talk_about_Gardasil/




I wish that I had known about the side effects before she got the vaccine.

My younger daughter sure wont get them!!!!